Whole house filtration of heavy metals, pesticides, chemical and pathogens, designed for well water and municipal water systems - includes UV.
Microbiological contaminates are found in water in a wide variety of locations. Some are used to supposedly kill bacteria while others are dumped into the system from different sources. The Environmental Working Group published an amazing report called "Over 140 Contaminates Without Safety Limits in U.S. Drinking Water." The report provides details about water contaminates found at the state and local level.
I know which contaminates are in my water - which ones will this system remove?
The whole house quad 10" and 20" UV systems are designed to treat your water for pathogens (bacteria, virus, fungus, etc) pesticides, heavy metals, particulates, sediments, chlorine, nitrates, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and all organic contaminates. The filters and components are NSF certified. It is designed to remove 99.9% of all contaminates and 99.999% of all microorganisms. It's a powerful system and will purify up to 100,000 or 200,000 gallons of water per year.
How do I use the whole house water filter and why is it better than a regular water purifier?
Small water purifiers are great for purifying small amounts of water when it is needed. Whole house systems purify the water as it's coming into your home, cleaning all of the drinking water and bathing water at once. Simply install the system on your incoming water line (before the hot water heater) and enjoy the benefits of clean water.
What sizes are available?
This particular system is available in a 10" Big Blue or 20" Big Blue. The 10" is a 10" x 4.5" five stage filter while the 20" is a 20" x 4.5" five stage filter. The 10" will clean up to 100,000 gallons of water per year while the 20" is designed to handle up to 200,000.
Water Flow (GPM)
Based upon the water flow, the 10" system can handle up to 12 Gallons Per Minute. The 20" can handle up to 20 Gallons Per Minute. Most residential water is set under 10 GPM, but if you require a higher flow rate you will need to choose the option for a higher flow.
UV Flow Rate Options
- 8 GPM: Perfect for most residential households and 10" or 20" systems.
- 12 GPM: Perfect for households with higher flow rates (20" housings only with pipe sizes of 1 or 1.5")
- 20 GPM: May be needed for large households that require high flow rates (20" housings only with pipe sizes of 1 or 1.5")
- one 20 micron sediment pre-filter
- a one micron sediment pre-filter
- one KDF/GAC filter
- one Carbon GAC filter
- PT-E UV Water Disinfection System
- four Big Blue Housings
- a spanner wrench to remove housings in order to change filters
- four mounting brackets
- plumbing fittings and pipes are not included
- installation cost not included
- 12"L x 7.5" diameter for the 10" housing
- 22"L x 7.5 diameter for the 20" housing
- Water flow: 10 gpm for 10" and 20 gpm for 20"
- 3/4", 1" or 1 1/2" water inlet and outlet sizes available
- Each 10" filter cartridge contains approx 3 lbs of carbon.
- One year warranty
kdfft.com - KDF Information
We installed this system in a house renovation back in 2007. With all the chemicals and additives removed, our water now looks and tastes delicious. Yes, the filters are expensive, but the quality of the water is so worth it!!