The Sperti Vitamin D Lamp allows you to easily improve your levels of Vitamin D without tanning.
UV light is growing in popularity for its health benefits, as Vitamin D is necessary for bones and other health needs. The Sperti KBD is for those who can't process Vitamin D supplements or don't get enough sunlight. It was created in 2010 as a fluorescent lamp with UV rays similar to rays from the sun.
This lamp is made in the USA and can be used for years thanks to sturdy construction. It arrives ready to use and fully assembled. The KBD D/UV utilizes the latest fluorescent technology in order to create ultraviolet rays in the Vitamin D production range without creating harmful UVC energy.
Studies and talks
- If you'd like evidence of the Vitamin D Lamp's effectiveness, feel free to download this study (pdf, opens in new window).
- Michael F. Holick - The D-Lightful Vitamin D for Good Health
- 7 Signs You May Have a Vitamin D Deficiency.
- The seasonality of pandemic and non-pandemic influenzas: the roles of solar radiation and vitamin D.
Why is this lamp better?
This model uses four UV fluorescent bulbs that emit a proper balance of UVB rays onto your skin. It is FDA tested and approved to be called a true Vitamin D Lamp. It's easy to store and use and is used in brief one to five minute sessions. The automatic timer turns it off after the session and your protective eyewear is free so you don't have to pay extra. It comes with a one year warranty on the unit and a six month warranty on the bulbs.
Important features of the D/UV-F Vitamin D Lamp:
- Studied for effectiveness and FDA approved to be called a true Vitamin D Lamp.
- Adjustable 0-5 minute timer turns unit off after session. Just turn the dial to the right time and push the button - very easy to use.
- Comes with two pairs of UV eyewear.
- Bulbs come installed; no assembly is needed.
- Start using it right away; there is no warm up time needed.
- Safe electric ballasts.
- Sits on a flat surface anywhere you need it.
- Average bulb life is 1000 hours and replacements are affordable and easy to install.
- Ideal for facility or home use. Only weighs 15 pounds.
- Solid top mounted carrying handle.
- Eight foot power cord is heavy duty and removable.
- Use any 110V USA outlet; can be used internationally with a 220V cord that will be provided with overseas orders. No convertor needed!
- Low cost of operation with efficient bulbs means it only costs pennies per session.
- Built in the USA to last, with quality materials and no animal testing.
- No prescription required!
- Emergency switch turns the unit off before timer expiration if needed.
- In conformance with FDA regulations for sunlamps.
- Proven effective! See Study
Who can use the Vitamin D Lamp?
People with skin type 1, who are highly sensitive to the sun, should not use this lamp. You can determine your skin type below.
Skin Type after Sun Exposure
1 - always burns, pale white, never tans (do not use this lamp)
2 - burns easily, tans minimally, white to light beige
3 - beige, tans gradually to light brown, burns moderately
4 - Light brown, tans well to moderate, burns minimally
5 - Moderate brown, tans profusely to dark brown and rarely burns
6 - Dark brown, tans profusely, never burns
- Size: 22" x 15" x 12"
- Weight: 15 pounds
- Voltage: Universal 120/240 volts
- Bulb Life: 1000 hours
Return policy: A 15% restock fee applies if returned within 20 days.
Living in the great American temperate rainforest of the Pacific NW, I know it's difficult to get enough sun exposure for optimum Vitamin D production during most of the year. The Sperti UVB lamp is a safe, easy-to-use way to ensure I am getting adequate Vitamin D. I'd add an advisory note if you have trouble getting the bulbs to ignite on first use. The instructions suggest toggling on/off at least 10 times. Don't give up until you do it at least 20 times. And you may need to repeat if you move the device a lot.
Great quality, well built. Would recommend lamp.
After 1 month my levels went from 8.7 to 20.4. I used it 2 times a day for 5 minutes each. I a pleased.
Seems to be doing it's job, I have no way of knowing for sure.
Learning about the importance of vitamin D (from the sun) became paramount as one of the tools for rebuilding my body's immune system which was devastated from multiple bladder infections, years of living very close to heavy power lines and radar beamed from large parked shipping vessels, traumatic childhood, food destruction through chemtrails, GMO, processing, false information, etc. and then most devastating of all, for a short time trying to follow the allopathic protocol for stage III C colon cancer. When I finally woke up, I fired my MD who focused only on covering (smothering) my bodies symptoms with more poisonous toxins.