The Resistance Chair has everything you need for a complete chair exercise program in your home.
The most convenient home gym in the world: The Resistance Chair provides a full body workout from a comfortable and safe seated position. You remain balanced and stable while you exercise your legs, arms, shoulders, chest, back and abdomen. This is one of the reasons it is so popular with physical therapists and those who work with elderly patients.
Features of the Resistance Chair:
- Helps maintain mobility and energy
- Low-impact and smooth resistance
- Ideal for all fitness levels
- Safe and very easy to use
- Wide range of exercises
- Practical for everyday use
- Lightweight and stores easily
- Increases muscle and joint strength
- Improves flexibility and balance
- Dimensions: seat size (18"W x 16"D) - height of chair (38 1/2") - height from floor to seat (18 1/2")
- Available in BLACK color only.
- Works for anyone up to 400 pounds
- Folds up for easy storage
The Resistance Anchor Cable System provides a vast array of lower body and upper body exercises with low impact resistance without having to use heavy weights. The Resistance Chair can be used by anyone up to 400 pounds and is made with commercial-grade construction using thick-wall steel tubing. It was made to stand up to frequent use in rehab clinics and gyms.
See some of the workouts made possible by the Resistance Chair (opens in new window). View some testimonials by users and therapists (new window).
The Resistance Chair Exercise System comes with:
- Resistance Chair exercise chair
- Health Step attachment
- Posture Prop back support
- One set of "level 4" cables and one set of "level 7" cables.
- Owner's manual, wall chart and DVD
The Resistance Chair is customizable, allowing for a wide variety of exercise options. The Freedom Flex is great for increasing range of motion in shoulder joints, treating frozen shoulder syndrome and stretching of the arms. You control the amount of stretch and the adjustable handles accomodate a wide range of arm lengths.
The SmoothRider II exercycle hooks onto the Chair to add cardio and leg motion to your routine. It's quiet and durable, using magnetic force resistance and is built for heavy use. The digital timer also shows speed and calories burned, and the upright row bat allows you to do lateral pull and row exercises. It's a great addition to the Resistance Chair for total body work.
Additional Anchor Cables (sets of two) are also available. You get one set of level four and one set of level seven cables free but you can choose to add on other strengths. Each level has an increase in resistance of about 2.5 pounds compared to the previous level. Level nine cables are good for isometric exercises. Level four: 2.5 pounds per side; level five: 5 pounds per side; level six: 7.5 pounds per side; level seven: 10 pounds per side; level eight: 12.5 pounds per side; level nine: 15 pounds per side.
What the Resistance Chair system can be used for
Rehabilitation: physical therapy helps you recover from injuries and avoid future injuries through increased flexibility and improved muscle strength. The Chair has been shown to help with shoulder pain, elbow pain, frozen shoulder, lumbar stenosis, osteoporosis, knee arthrtisis and back pain. It can also help with core stabilization.
Consult with your physical therapist about how to best use the Resistance Chair for your personal situation.
Senior Fitness: the Resistance Chair makes it easy for people of all ages and most conditions to exercise. It's very low impact and can be used to increase health, lower high blood pressure, and promote pain relief.
- Shoulder Pain - continuingfitness.com/medical/protocol-shoulder-07-01.pdf
- Lumbar Stenosis - continuingfitness.com/medical/protocol-lumbar-stenosis-07-01.pdf
- Osteoporosis - continuingfitness.com/medical/protocol-osteoporosis-07-01.pdf
- Elbow Pain - continuingfitness.com/medical/protocol-elbow-pain-07-01.pdf
- Knee Arthritis - continuingfitness.com/medical/protocol-knee-arthritis-07-01.pdf
- Core Stabilization - continuingfitness.com/medical/protocol-core-stabilization-07-01.pdf
- Frozen Shoulder - continuingfitness.com/medical/protocol-frozen-shoulder-07-01.pdf
Always consult your physician before starting any exercise program.
Return policy: 10%-25% restock fee applies if returned within 30 days.
We are seniors so this is working well for us. We are working on our balance and this is helping.
Exercise is the root of life when you get past 50 years old. If you have people in your family who are over 50 and need to be encouraged to exercise, it would be wonderful for them.
The Resistance Chair is one of the greatest things that I've found. What I like is that I can do this at home. A gym is great, but I think this is a complete gym right at home.
I used this when I couldn't do anything else after an ankle injury. It kept the rest of my body more relaxed and in shape while my ankle healed. I still use because it's just convenient.