The EMS 550 Analog Electronic Muscle Stimulator works deep for pain relief.
The EMS 550 is intended to relieve pain by working deep and is FDA approved.
What is the difference between an EMS unit and a TENS unit?
A TENS Unit (Transcutaneous Electronic Nerve Stimulation) numbs pain by affecting the nerve endings. An EMS Unit (Electronic Muscle Stimulant) works the muscles to relieve pain, deeper and a little stronger than the TENS.
Features and General Specifications:
- Dual Channel - isolated between channels
- Pulse Width: 250 us fixed
- Pulse Rate: 2-200 Hz
- Pulse Ramp: 1,3, and 5 seconds
- Pulse Amplitude: Constant Current, 0-80v Each channel
- Contraction Control: 1-30 seconds
- Relaxation Control: 1-45 seconds
- Wave Form: Asymmetrical, biphasic, square pulse
- Includes the unit, FDA compliant lead wires, 9 volt battery, four hypoallergenic reusable electrodes, hard plastic case and instructions.
- Cycle ON and OFF Time: 1-30 seconds (adjustable)
- Timer: 30 or 60 minute or continuous
- Power: 9 volt alkaline battery
- Battery Life: 70 hours average (alkaline)
- Size: 24 x 64 x 95 mm
- Weight: 8 oz
- 3 year warranty
Technical Specifications - all values have 10% +/- tolerance:
- Channels: Dual, isolated between channels
- Wave form: Modified square with zero net direct current DC Component
- Pulse Amplitude: 0-80 mA each channel, adjustable (500 ohm load)
- Pulse Frequency: 5, 30, 100 Hz (adjustable)
- Pulse Intensity: Adjustable 0-80 mA peak into 500 amp load each channel, constant current
- Pulse ramp: 1 to 8 seconds adjustable
Notes about EMS and TENS Units:
*TENS/EMS are not recommended to be used with patients with cardiac pacemakers, while driving a motor vehicle, on the heart or throat, on epileptic patients, during 1st trimester pregnancy, or on open wounds.
*We suggest that these units be used only under the supervision of a licensed physician. Electrical stimulation devices are contraindicated in persons using a CARDIAC PACEMAKER, in pregnancy, malignancy, and various conditions where circulation is impaired. It may not be used transcerebrally across the head, over the carotid sinus (where the jaw meets the neck), over metal implants or in conjunction with sleep apnea or heart monitors. You should be aware that TENS units provide symptomatic therapy only and are not considered curative. Promolife assumes no liability for medical problems resulting from use of these units. Please consult your physician about the use of a TENS unit for your condition.
*Legal Disclaimer. Information provided for TENS and EMS units are for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Promolife makes no claims that these devices are for treatment or for curing any ailment.
*Since every individual is unique, we highly recommend you to consult with your licensed health care practitioner about the use of a TENS or EMS product in your particular situation.
Return policy: Returnable within 15 days from day of receipt. $25 restock fee applies to replace electrodes, lead wires & battery if product has been used. Product must be in new condition.