This dual stage Doulton Water Filter is ideal for making well water clean and safe for cooking and drinking.
The Doulton HCP210 for rural/well water use is comprised of dual in-line Polyester and Acetal pressure filter housings. It's easy to place on the countertop with the free standing base. The included DV3003 diverter valve makes it easy to attach the tubing to your cold water faucet. You won't need to make permanent modifications and you can choose filtered or unfiltered water at the tap by simply pushing the button on the diverter valve.
You get both housings, the base, a CU1200 Ultracarb Ceramic Candle (first housing) and a disposable CM1500 Lead and VOC cartridge (second housing). You can easily clean the housings or replace the filter by unscrewing the white sump by hand. The system has a 0.5 GPM @ 30PSI flow rate.
Where is this system used?
This system is for homes that use well water (a filter for city water is available) with a PVC plumbing supply.
- >99.99% Anthrax Spores
- >99% Hydrogen Sulphide ( H2S )
- >95% Chlorine
- >95% Chloramines ( Chlorine & Ammonia)
- >99% Taste
- >99% Odor
- >98% Aluminum
- >98% Iron
- >98% Lead
- >95% Pesticides
- >90% Herbicides
- >90% Insecticides
- >90% Rodenticides
- >85% Phenols
- >95% Poly Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- >99.9% of particles larger than 0.5 micron (Spectrum Labs)
- >99.7% of particles larger than 0.3 micron (Spectrum Labs)
- >98% of particles larger than .2 micron (Spectrum Labs)
- 100% Giardia Lamblia
- 100% Cyclospora
- 100% removal of live Cryptosporidium (WRc Standard)
- 100% removal of live Cryptosporidium (University of Arizona - Sterling)
- >99.999% removal of Cryptosporidium (NSF Std.53 - A.C.fines dust - 4 log challenge
- >99.999% removal of E. Coli, Vibrio Cholerae (Hyder Labs - U.K>)
- >99.999% removal of Salmonella Typhil, Shigella Dysenteria, Kiebsiella Terrigena (Hyder Labs)
Filter Replacement Guide:
- Super Sterasyl Ceramic Candle CU1200: Self Sterilizing. Removes inorganics, organics, VOCs, lead and heavy metals and is ideal for sterilization of bacteria. Must be used before any other filters if you are using it with non treated or well water.
- Carbon Matrix CM1500: A high efficiency filter for organic VOC reduction that also removes lead and MTBEs. Consists of carbon particles that are fused into a block with enhanced absorption.
This product is designed to meet:
- National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) Standard 42
- National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) Standard 53
- ISO 9002 Quality Standard
- British 5750 Quality Standard
- England’s Water Research council (WRc) Performance Standards
- In candle format, the product is certified by the California, Wisconsin, Iowa, & Massachusetts Departments of Health
- The filtration efficiency is 0.5 micron absolute (Spectrum Labs)
Why use ceramic filters?
Because they work. This ceramic was made from Kieselguhr Diatomaceous Earth and then fired to more than 1000 degrees C. 80,000 or more overlapping pores are part of each element. This gives you total filtration to 0.9 microns and up to 99.999% elimination of bacteria and cysts. Other particles as tiny as 0.2 microns will get trapped outside while water passes to the inside.
What does bacteriostatic mean?
Bacteriostatic = self sterilizing. The wall is impregnated with oligodynamic silver, a known disinfectant that will ensure any trapped bacteria are killed.
The built-in post filter is powdered carbon, granular carbon and a zeolite metal ion reduction medium packed into a very tight matrix. This gives the system the ability to reduce solvents, chlorine, pesticides, lead, iron, aluminum and other metals and chemicals.